Our Field Trip to Hillman Marsh

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Patterning

We are learning to name, make and extend repeating patterns using different classroom materials.
 
Did you know that patterns are everywhere?
 
We see patterns on snakes, zebras, tigers, carpets and clothing. 
 
Seasonal changes are patterns too!!!  Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall...What comes next?
 
 "I made an ABCDE pattern using different shapes"
 

 "I made an AB pattern using circles and rectangles"

 We learned how to extend AB patterns on the SmartBoard
 



"I made an AB pattern using clear water beads and blue gems"
 
"I made an AB pattern using white and red paperclips"
 

Did you know that games have patterns too?  Can you find the pattern?

"We worked together to make an AB pattern using brown and black connecting cubes"



 "I made an AB pattern using
red and yellow links"
 
 
 
 
"I made an ABB pattern using red
and yellow shapes"






 We can even make patterns with cereal like Fruit Loops!!!
 
 
 
Can you name our patterns?


"I made an AB pattern using yellow and white connecting cubes"
 
 
 
We can even make patterns using
cookie cutters and play dough










"I made an AB pattern using green and purple stickers"

"I made an ABB pattern using Emperor and Macaroni penguins"
 


"I made an ABCD pattern using penguins" 



 AB pattern using pink and green shirts




"I made an ABC pattern using red, blue and yellow Lego"

"I made an ABB pattern using blue and orange Lego"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment